Pregnancy can be a juxtaposition of emotions and fear of anticipation and apprehension. A woman’s journey to motherhood is not only physical but also emotional and psychological. And to help to deal with such waves of emotions - the best pregnancy journal can be a mother’s best friend.
A pregnancy journal helps you preserve and record the most cherished memories of one of the most crucial phases of life. Plus, having a pregnancy diary will give you a lot of benefits: for example, you won’t have to fret about baby blues and postpartum depression with this diary.
Journaling in general helps people deal with anxiety and restlessness. And since anxiety is very common among pregnant women, it would be extremely helpful to have a silent friend that would help you pour out your feelings and relieve stress. After all, stress triggers several serious issues during pregnancy, including miscarriage.
These can also be really great gifts for your best friend that will help her get along with pregnancy and childbirth with much more ease.
But these are only the surface levels of benefits of this amazing personal-therapist, so to speak. So let’s dive in, and see in more detail what the best pregnancy journal can offer.
All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. All information of this website is our personal editorial opinion.
Editor-in-Chief of Top Mom
Top 10 Best Pregnancy Journals: Comparison Table
Top Minimalist Model
Nuts & Bolts Paper Co
Duncan and Stone Paper Co.
Duncan and Stone Paper Co.
Best Overall: Pearhead My Pregnancy Journal Review
- Capture every precious moment of your pregnancy with Pearhead’s pregnancy memory journal
- Includes 74 pages with guided sections to help you document every special moment of your pregnancy journey
- Pregnancy memory journal makes the perfect gift for any expecting mother, or a timeless keepsake to cherish your own moments forever
- The gold ‘xoxo’ patterns adds a fun touch to this keepsake book and makes a great gift for any expecting parent
- Journal Dimensions: 6.5” W x 9.125” H x 2.25” D; Photo Insert: 5” W x 4” H
Sturdy Binding: Nuts & Bolts Paper Co. Pregnancy Journal Review
Thoughtfully Designed: bloom daily planners New Pregnancy and Baby's First Year Calendar Planner Review
bloom daily planners
- Unique pregnancy and baby’s first year planner and keepsake journal. This book will serve as a planner, guidebook, medical log, journal, and scrapbook for everything from your pregnancy all the way up to your child’s first birthday!
- 9" wide (with binding) x 10" tall x 1" thick, 1 lb 8 oz.
- Sturdy metal spiral binding, handlettered dividers, tabs, pocket on back inside cover
- Tabbed Sections Including: “We're Pregnant,” “Medical Log,” First Trimester, Second Trimester & Third Trimester sections, “Baby's First Year,” Monthly Views & Weekly Views for your baby’s first year!
- TWO pages of full-color stickers in the back of the planner!
Great Artwork: Studio Oh! Guided Pregnancy Journal Review
- Bump for Joy is a wonderful way to create a unique keepsake of the most memorable moments of your pregnancy
- Guided journal is arranged by trimester and contains thoughtful prompts, checklists and fill-in-the-blanks to help you plan for Baby's arrival
- 144-page journal has room for 32 photos, 5 pockets for extra photos and mementos, space for over 40 weeks of personal notes plus pregnancy facts and helpful tips
- Journal features Alyssa Nassner's delightfully whimsical artwork; hardcover journal measures 9.125 x 8.75 x.625 Inch; cover is embellished with foil-stamped accents
- The Studio Oh inspired collections of finely crafted and cleverly designed journals, planners, home and kitchen accessories are available on Amazon
Award-winning Journal: Journals of a Lifetime Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First Year Baby Journal Review
Journals of a Lifetime
- Journals of a Lifetime (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 160 Pages - 08/01/2013 (Publication Date) - from you to me ltd (Publisher)
High-quality Stickers: Unconditional Rosie My 9 Month Journey Pregnancy Journal Review
- TREASURE MOMENTS: This beautiful pregnancy journal gives you a lovely way to document all the special moments of your pregnancy. Record special memories through photographs and milestones!
- PERFECT GIFT: Perfect for you as a new mommy or as a baby shower gift, this lovely journal will help mom remember and recall their pregnancy forever. The colors used inside are unisex, for both boy or girl
- 100% CUSTOMIZABLE: Take photos of your pregnancy and then keep them forever in an album as keepsakes - helping you capture and storing your tummy's most precious moments.
- ALL YOU NEED: 12 high-quality and beautiful milestone stickers included. Just peel the pre-cut stickers from the adhesive paper and stick it to your future baby's clothes!
- ENJOY IT: This charming book is hardcover and responsibly-printed. Each illustration was lovingly designed for you. We made this with love, and we hope you enjoy filling it out as much as we did create it.
Cute Floral Design: Kate & Milo Pregnancy Journal Review
Kate & Milo
- Includes one blue and pink floral "My pregnancy journal" With 30+ journal pages and 20 photo pages
- Pages include: finding out, spreading the news, doctor's visits, 1st ultrasound, nutrition/exercise goals, monthly "how I'm feeling," Baby shower, what's in a name, labor prep, baby's room, baby checklist, hospital & labor story, home Sweet home & more
- Blue and pink floral cover design and Gray and White interior makes this a great gender-neutral baby shower gift
- Perfect gift for an expecting mom early in her pregnancy journey. The whole family will love having this record to look back on mom's pregnancy journey and baby's very first moments
- Dimensions: 10.75" H x 9" W x .5" D; Front Cover Photo Insert: 3.5" H x 3.5" W
Journal with Prayers: Duncan and Stone Paper Co. Dear Baby: A Pregnancy Prayer Journal and Memory Book Review
Duncan and Stone Paper Co.
- LINEN BOUND HARD COVER JOURNAL - with gold embossed title and spine, this journal was created to be a high quality book that will last a lifetime. This pregnancy prayer journal is a great baby keepsake for any mom. Each week of pregnancy has a page that describes your baby's development and gives a prompt (with scripture) to guide you in praying for your baby as they grow.
- SIZE - 9.25 x 7.75 inches, 110 pages: Perfect for busy moms to slip in a purse or display on a book shelf as nursery decoration
- FLAT LAY SPINE - our journal is uniquely bound so the pages lay flat and you never have to fold or press the journal while you write!
- POCKET IN BACK OF JOURNAL - for storage of extra items such as photos or notes
- GENDER NEUTRAL WORDING - this makes the journal a perfect gift for any mom, whether they're finding out the gender or letting it be a surprise! This journal also includes many other milestone pages to help you always remember the little and big moments that happened during this special season.
For Pregnancy and First Year: Promptly Journals Childhood History Journal Review
- Beautifully Bound: Elegant Linen Wrapped Hardbound Baby Book in Grey. Our logo is embossed in the front and gold embossing on the side.
- Prompted Entries Memory Book: Our thoughtful prompts help you easily write the most important memories. It covers from when the mother is pregnant, until the child is 18 years old. Each phase and year of the child's life has custom tailored prompts to ensure quick but meaningful recording for the parent. Each Journal contain 254 pages with meaningful prompts to keep your child’s entire childhood safe and sound.
- Get a Pregnancy Journal and Baby Memory book all in one. From pregnancy–18 years, you only need one book per child. Record every stage of your child's life, pregnancy thru age 18.
- Only takes one hour per year to update your baby journal. Parents use this journal to record their child’s life, milestones and memories. This includes spaces to write notes to their child and add photos, footprints, and milestones.
- Perfect Baby Shower Gift for Expectant Parents. Perfect pregnancy journals for first time moms.
Cloth Hardcover: Amelia Riedler Expecting You Review
- Expecting You is a place to record all of the wonderful new thoughts, feelings and experiences just ahead.
- Carry this journal with you wherever you go or take a reflective moment when you have the time and record what matters most.
- Keep this journal just for yourself, to share your experience with a loved one, or wait and read your words to your new little one after they arrive.
- 144 Pages, Hardcover with bellyband
- 8.25"H x 5.75"W
What is Pregnancy Journal?
A pregnancy journal, or a maternity journal, is a book where you keep a track of your emotions, experiences, memories, and milestones during your pregnancy journey.
Later in life, you can open this journal and relive all these special memories. Plus, they will help you deal with any future pregnancies if they occur or help your pregnant friend with some advice.
What Should You Write in a Pregnancy Journal?
Pregnancy journal books are meant to record your thoughts and feelings throughout the pregnancy period – be it right after the first USG or the first time your baby kicked.
And these moments are very special and precious, and it would be very amazing to preserve your first reaction and feelings forever.
Benefits of Keeping a Pregnancy Journal
There are several benefits that pregnancy memory books come with. Let us go through those briefly:
- A pregnancy tracker book helps you deal with stress and anxiety. Thus, writing down thoughts can be very therapeutic.
- It keeps a record of your precious moments. You can celebrate happy moments at a later stage in life. The best pregnancy journal comes with a lot of space and records all the precious memories.
- Your child can take a look at your memories once they grow up. This will be very intimate and bonding for both of you since the child will see how beloved they were even before they were born. And for you, it will be like letting someone into your mind.
- It helps you set goals. Pregnancy can make you cheat on your routine but journaling can help you
- It is a great way to organize your routine and try to follow it. It becomes to track your workout, meds, and so on.
- In a lot of pregnancy journal reviews, both the moms and doctors claim that journaling proves to be a huge help for mental health, since it boosts and keeps your memory sharp, provides emotional support e.t.c.
How To Choose the Best Pregnancy Journal?
Length of Journal
If you have the habit of writing and wish to note every detail during the pregnancy phase, consider buying pregnancy record books that have a lot of writing space. A diary that has space for day-to-day journaling should work.
Prompts, Questionnaires, Illustrations
Certain journals allow you to make specific entries during the period of pregnancy. These help you get a better picture of the condition of both the child and yourself.
Always make sure to choose a baby memory book made of hard and sturdy material. That way you can be sure that nothing damages it, and it can be with you for years to come.
Getting Started with Pregnancy Journal: Useful Tips
Before penning down, make sure you think and gather the best memories you can. You may also talk to other moms in order to get a clearer picture before writing anything down.
Another great idea is to collect pictures, tokens, and souvenirs of those 9 months and attach them to your journal.
Track and note down your thoughts, ideas, plans – anything that reflects your pregnancy.
Women also get a lot of strange dreams while they are pregnant. So it will be pretty fun to write down and relieve these dreams in the future.
Making lists of goals is often very rejuvenating. They give you a sense of purpose and compels you to follow them. So make sure to make to-do lists about things you must follow during your pregnancy. And, of course, don’t forget to visit your pregnancy keepsake book every day so that you do not forget about the list.
Apart from that, you can also come up with certain other lists like the strange foods that you crave and ones that make you feel nauseous. Won’t it be a great record of a moment for you to look back and have a laugh?
Plus, make a list of things you wish to do with your child or simply after pregnancy. These can be things that you cannot do now due to your condition but writing them down will make you feel a lot better.
Finally, list how pregnancy has changed your views on things and how you perceive them now differently.
Whether you are a would-be mother or wish to make a gift for a pregnant friend, the best pregnancy journal 2021 would be a huge help. It helps you pour out all your worries and feelings, and just have someone who will listen and won’t judge. Plus, you get to preserve all these precious memories to revisit and smile later.
After all – motherhood is a blessing and you must not miss out on any of its pleasures! So don’t hesitate to capture these moments in beautiful shackles of words.